From the different kinds of paintings you have seen from me (also in Art Notes, click top right) , this is the style that represents me most. Nearly abstract, but still impressionistic – and an apparent unfinished look. All the pics in this post were taken in the Netherlands except for the birdie.
TO COMMENT: click on the title of THIS post, scroll down to the comment form on the bottom of this post.
(1) Putting Your Sail Up, 24 x 30 inch, © St Germain
A few years ago I had 3 workshops and 3 art shows in Holland. The workshops were in Amsterdam and Rotterdam, and Heerhugowaard (N. of Amsterdam). For each I painted something that would encourage to bring them to the next level. In this very artsy town H., an amazingly talented group of people at my workshop, it came to me that several had the greatest tools, but were drifting without goals. My message to them was, put your sails up – you may have an expensive boat and the newest gadgets, but you go in circles when you have no goals to pursue.
(2) Across from where we were drinking coffee. This is one of my après -expresso shots. Art – are you in or out?
I would say “RAD” – but that word may already be “out” – but I don’t like “wicked!”
(3) Each workshop was well attended, and so different. In Amsterdam the teens and twenties, here in Rotterdam between 30 and 50ties (this table is in the “what am I gonna paint ” stage), in Heerhugowaard from five to fifty plus.
The older, the more they had to overcome to just let go, unless they were artists -there were a few – the latter weren’t doing necessarily better, because of the subject).
Warm Heart: Some smiles here! It’s the older men who participated who made me smile especially, because I know it takes them more courage to even show up! It helped doing the workshops in Dutch (I practiced hard before!!)
Start with S: Sails (1)
Weeks Fave: water view below
(4) Along the path of the water with Reflections (R-ABC) at Hortus (Botanical Garden near Groningen) with a fence
There were many volunteers working to keep this garden up to date
(5) Bird in the Sequoias (Tue Texture and Nature Notes)
(5) A residential door (actually two) in Amsterdam (Tue Treasure, Travel Tue)
(6) Tulips seen in Hortus, Province Groningen, the Netherlands
Trees & Bushes
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL MOTHERS!
THANKS to all the Hosts
Warm Heart * Little Things * Good Fences * Thurs. Door *
Sky Watch * Weekend Reflections * Floral Fri Foto * Fri Greens * Fri Photo Journal * Blooming Friday * Todays Flowers * Fri Hunt * Fri Favorite * Foto of the Week *
*Maleviks Garden * Six Word Sat. * Our Beautiful World * Sat. Critters *
Blue Monday * Randomosity * Mundane Monday *
Our World * Tue Texture * Trees & Bushes * Tue Treasure * Tue Travel * Nature Notes *
ABC- Wed. – R * Outdoor Wed. * Water World * Communal Global *