A few significant moments here. The 2nd photo below is how the last part of Holland developed. In the past it consisted 70 % or more of water (really!). With ingenuity and perseverance they took advantage during the ebb period when mud stuck between huge metal mats, added land, then surrounded it with dykes. After hurricane Katrina New Orleans asked the Dutch for advice how to strengthen up their coastline (levys – spelling?)
TO COMMENT: Click on the title of this post, scroll and the comment box will appear on the bottom of this post
(1) An artist, once my student, now we keep in touch as friends.
Since few years owner of a lunch place with her sister. Her apple torte is amazing!
Begins with R: Red aprons
Weeks Fave: Bike park
Texture: Yellow Tulip
(2) WARM HEART: “You can’t leave, before you see this …” and started telling me her story about how when she was younger, she went across to the other side to visit her parents. Not by row boat or canoe, but swam in between these sand banks to the other side.
The Good: Red Aprons (1)
The Random: water scape (2)
The Fun: the Garden Gnome “Statue” (4)
(4) Just having finished a painting for a workshop yesterday. Presented a painting to a church in this town. At the window of the restaurant something was developing at the other end of the square. Too far to see what exactly, so I grabbed my Tamron lens. After our coffee we headed over to the other side of the square. Doesn’t he exactly look like a statue of a Garden Gnome? Then to the startled passers by, the “statue” starts waving!
(5) The Question (ABC-Q) is if this is a hybrid tulip
Todays Flowers, Blooming Friday, Floral Fri Foto, Maleviks Rosen, Tue Texture
(6) Still grappling with just happened on the square. For them it may just have been a Monday morning, but for us it was a special art event. First week of vacation and look at all the bikes in the parking lot!” Fences to separate and lock the bikes to (very needed:( ) (Food Fences, Trees & Bushes, Blue Monday signs))
(7)Town Hall of Giethoorn, Holland – Door and Reflection of Fence in front of the building
(8) A golden Sky above the greenhouses at the end of the day
My photo link for SEASONS runs at the same time this week from Sunday May 1 – Wednesday May 4
SEASONS – What’s Up in May?
Thanks to All the Hosts! Clicking on the link brings you right there
*Warm Heart * Little Things * Good Fences *Thurs. Door*
*Sky Watch * Floral Fri Foto * Todays Flowers * Blooming Friday * Fri Greens * Weekend Reflections * Fri Photo Journal* Fri Favorite* Fri Hunt * Foto of the Week *
*Maleviks Rosen * Six Words Sat. * Sat. Silhouette* Sat. Critters * Our Beautiful World *
*Blue Monday * Randomosity * Mundane Monday *
*Our World * Trees and Bushes * Nature Notes * Tuesday Texture * Tuesday Treasure * Tuesday Travel *
*ABC- Q * Outdoor Wed. * Water World * Communal Global * Wordless Wed.*