TO COMMENT: Click on the title of this post, scroll and the comment box appears on the bottom of this post
(1) THE GOOD is a home made sweater!
For Tue Texture this happy, creative “from one thing comes another.” The brioche stitch comes out beautifully when knitting with two contrasting yarns. After I had found a yarn store in Sacramento, I saw this blue-purple blend of cotton and silk. The thinner thread I needed to go with it, did not happen (the lady in the store and I were not on the same page!) (Little Things, Fri Photo Journal, Randomosity)
At home I gave up my plan for contrast and went with a similar color, since this purple was in my stash. Had to relearn the stitch, and ripped it out at least five times. My QUEST for perfectionism!
Warm Heart: Now I’m good:) This reminds me on how Super Nanny (TV) so talented at getting parents in the right spirit to discipline their children and calls, “am on my waiyyyy” in Cockney English when she sees on video how the family operates and desperately calls for her help.
TO COMMENT: Click on the title of this post, scroll and the comment box will appear on the bottom of this post
(2) always knew this flower as Blue Nile flower. Now I blog I say “Agapanthus” (crooked smile) (Flor.Fri.Foto, Todays Flowers, Bloom. Fri., Nature Notes))
(3) Candy Land For Scavenger Sunday with open
glass doors as entrance around at street level of Old Town Sacramento, my closest city, & not to forget a homemade knitted sweater (1).
(4) THE RANDOM: our own (Tue) Treasure … there is the saga of the house sagging (already before we bought it)- Hubby reinforced the foundations, replaced the deck with bigger “pillars. “It does make a difference in walking on the deck – believe me!
In repairing the railing, he sees they put the underside of the wood on top (for a builder it is like putting on a sweater inside out). Discovers the floor planks are too close, so it can’t dry out after the rain. (it means the wood rots) Talking about”from one thing to another!”
(5) Thurs. Door in Muiden in the Netherlands, the town of the castle Muiderslot
Wished that I also had taken a photo of the whole building:)
Begin with Q: my Quest (1)
At Rest: Doggie asleep (6)
My Favorite: Agapanthus (2)
(6) Doggie Asleep
(7) THE FUN: By 1915 the biggest lath house was built in Balboa Park, San Diego, to house many plants, including a collection of beautiful orchids and stag horns. Even though it is “outdoors” it is refreshingly cool in the summer (in the hot Californian summers)
(Week.Reflect., Fri Greens, Trees & Bush, Tue Travel, Water World)
A Pretty sunset at our house
From One Thing Comes Another Thing
(Six words Sat)
Thanks to All the Hosts! Clicking on these brings you back to the meme/challenge!
Warm Heart * Little Things * Good Fences * Thurs. Door *
* Floral Fri. Foto *Sky Watch * Weekend Reflection * Todays Flowers * Blooming Friday * Fri Greens * Fri Photo Journal * Fri Favorite * Fri Hunt *
*Sat. Critters * Sat. Silhouette *Maleviks Rosen * Six Word Sat. * Sunday Scavenger *
*Randomosity * Mundane Monday * Blue Monday *
* Our World * Trees and Bushes * Tue Texture * Tue Treasure * Nature Notes *Tue Travel *
* ABC – P * Water world * Outdoor Wed. * Communal Global *